Annual Giving 2017-18
Welcome to the 2017-18 school year, from the Brush Creek Montessori School Board!
If you are a returning family, thank you for being part of our school’s success. If you are a new family, welcome to our excellent, magical Montessori school! If you are an alumni or community supporter, we are so glad you are here!
We are a devoted non-profit school offering the only toddler-6th grade Montessori curriculum in Sonoma County, and our staff is connected to a flourishing international Montessori community.
We thrive thanks to the support of our families and community, and are very grateful for you! Can you contribute to our Annual Giving fund?
It’s an exciting time to be part of this school. We are heading into this year on the heels of a wonderful 2016-17. Here are just a few examples of learning and growth from last year:
• Sapling toddlers got a beautiful new outdoor environment for active exploration and play.
• Eucalyptus students learned about the Golden Gate Bridge, and topped it off with a collaboratively-built model and a trip to walk across the bridge itself!
• Sequoia students ran their own coffee and treat stand to raise money for an outdoor learning program at Westminster Woods, and also offered an informative Science Fair.
• All of our Primary and Elementary students participated in our spring play, putting on a music and dance performance and a fabulous version of Alice in Wonderland.
• The BCMS Board reflected on parent feedback regarding program and facility development, and is working towards a beautiful, branching vision for our school. (You will be hearing more about this as the year goes on - or ask one of us what’s in the works!)
We are writing to ask you to contribute to our Annual Giving program. As a not-for-profit school we depend on our families and supporters to keep growing. With your help, we can build on our vibrant Montessori curriculum.
Our goal this year is to raise $20,000
from family, friends, and alumni of BCMS.
Here are some of the ways your contribution may be put to work in the service of BCMS kids:
• $250 - garden supplies and seedlings
• $300 - art materials, books, and kiln rental
• $500 - costumes and props for our whole-school drama event
• $800 - an expanded, multi-age peace education library
• $1000 - regular classroom visits from science and environmental specialists
• $5000 - new, earth-based outdoor play environments
We’ve made donations easy this year - you can make your payment right here in the sidebar!
And share this link with family and friends whose donations can help our children flourish:
Be sure to ask your workplace if they offer corporate matching gifts to nonprofits - this is an underutilized resource that will help us reach our $20,000 goal much sooner!
With many thanks for helping our whole school learn and grow,
The BCMS Board - Amy, Cheyenne, Luke, Patty, and Pauline
If you have any questions, please contact: Julie, in the school office, at 707-539-7980
Brush Creek Montessori School is a private educational organization, registered with the State of California and the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 non-profit. Our Tax ID number is 68-0408407
Your donation is a tax-deductible contribution to support our important educational work. Thank you for helping children learn and grow!